Tuesday, May 5, 2015

DominoArt 15 Days of Terror is Here


If you haven't found DominoArt's Challenge yet, you are missing out on a ton of fun and you need a nightlight over there a lot of the time because of the dark!! It is so fun that Leigh cannot wait until October to celebrate Halloween!  She starts in May and guess what month it is....no not December!!! come on don't rush Christmas!  It is MAY!  And Leigh has invited us at Dream in Darkness to play at her playground this month. Cool, huh?  Every other day there will be a post at DominoArt's Blog and you won't want to miss it.  DominoArt is a group for altering game pieces, any game piece!  Warning: It is addictive!

So here is CT Nan with a Batty Bracelet!



"I started off with 5 regular sized plastic dominoes, the kind that come in a tin for around $4 dollars at the dollar store.  I stamped each one with a bat image from the Smeared Ink rubber set "A Little Bit Batty" with black ink pad.  I had a completely different idea for this with black beads and gorgeousness but alas it did not work.  And the picture belies the fact that I have bird like arms!! lol!  

So fitting 5 regular sized dominoes was not easy to do, it kept falling off my arm as I worked on the first plan.  So plan two developed!  I had this really outdated watch so I removed the watch without a moments care and repurposed the lovely band.  It was a glossy copper and getting some black and red on to it was not easy but I did my best!  

The dominoes had one flicking of red paint on them already over the bats....you know bats and blood..well in the movies anyway! so I added another flicking and then dabbed each one onto my embossing pad and covered in UTEE powder.  I love this stuff! I could have gone another coat for a smoother finish but rather liked the bumpy one that one coat can give.  Of course, this was followed by a heat gun to melt all the yumminess together!  Then black felt glued on back of dominoes and dominoes glued onto band..missed my spacing a little bit, Yoshi uprooted the tray I had lain it out on and I didn't get them back right. Yes, I am blaming Yoshi for it...bwahahahah!  And that was that!  I have a batty bracelet I shall wear with pride!"

Now make sure you check every other day as CT Kim is up next, followed by CT Granne, and CT Anne will close us out..not the event but have her amazing make for Dream in Darkness last.  She wanted it that way, no, she is not being punished!  Although with Asylum Anne you never know! :)

So visit often and leave the DominoArt page lots of love and we would like to hear from you, too!

Tell, Leigh aka the Sharpie Queen that we love DominoArt at Dream in Darkness!  And a reminder, her regular challenge theme this month is "Ravens" so alter something with ravens as you get inspired by Halloween in May! 
                                                We told you it is always Halloween here!
                                                              Bwahahahaha!

4 comments:

  1. Babulously creepy creations, love the images you have used as well as that awesome band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The band is awesome Nan! The bracelet looks absolutely dangerous, sure you could knock someone out with it! Great make!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks my lovelies!! You are so awesome! Hugs~Nan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bracelet and the way you worked around designing it. But I'm sure "Asylum Anne" wouldn't be allowed to timetable you all - too much power over bats isn't allowed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and partaking of our weirdness! Play on kind souls!
~~~(insert grown up voice)

A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.